Skip to content
Search

Gucci Mane Allegedly Kidnapped, Robbed in ‘Armed Takeover’ by Pooh Shiesty and Big30, DOJ Says

Federal prosecutors allege Pooh Sheisty “produced an AK-style pistol” and forced Mane to sign a contract termination, releasing him from his recording contract

Gucci Mane Allegedly Kidnapped, Robbed in ‘Armed Takeover’ by Pooh Shiesty and Big30, DOJ Says

Rapper Gucci Mane attends “Episodes” meet and greet at DBS Sounds on October 22, 2025 in Riverdale, Georgia.

Prince Williams/WireImage

Gucci Mane was allegedly kidnapped and robbed during a “coordinated armed takeover” of a Dallas music studio where fellow rapper Pooh Shiesty allegedly brandished an AK-style pistol and forced the rap mogul to sign a document releasing Shiesty from his recording contract, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

In a criminal complaint filed in Dallas federal court and obtained by Rolling Stone, prosecutors allege Sheisty, born Lontrell Williams Jr., “was upset with the terms of his [recording] contract” and set up a meeting with Mane, whose legal name is Radric Davis, to discuss the matter. The complaint identifies Mane by his initials, R.D., and describes him as the head of 1017 Records, the label that signed Williams Jr. in 2021.


During the afternoon meeting on Jan. 10, 2026, Williams Jr. and eight men who allegedly traveled with him from Memphis brandished firearms and robbed victims of Rolex watches, jewelry, cash, a Louis Vuitton bag and a wallet fitted with an Apple AirTag, prosecutors claim. The episode began, the complaint says, when a co-defendant, the Memphis rapper Big30, retrieved a separate bag containing an AK-style pistol for Williams Jr., then used a phone to record as Davis was ordered to sign paperwork terminating the contract. With the weapon still trained on him, Davis was “forced to say that he ‘released’ Williams Jr. from their contract,” the complaint alleges.

Prosecutors say Williams Jr. then took Davis’ wedding ring, watch, earrings, and cash. Big30, whose legal name is Rodney Lamont Wright Jr., allegedly blocked the exit, trapping multiple victims inside the studio. One victim was “choked from behind to the point of nearly losing consciousness,” according to the complaint, which includes photos showing scratches on the man’s neck and wrist.

One alleged member of Williams’ entourage, co-defendant Terrance Rodgers, purportedly posted a video on social media afterwards wearing what prosecutors say is a Rolex stolen in the robbery. Another co-defendant, Demarcus Glover, allegedly shared images of himself wearing jewelry purportedly taken from a victim at the studio.

“We are currently looking into the charges and allegations against our client,” Williams Jr.’s longtime criminal lawyer, Bradford Cohen, tells Rolling Stone. “As soon as we know more, we will [issue] a further statement.” (Attempts to reach representatives for Wright and Davis were not immediately successful.)

Prosecutors say they have a trove of evidence tying Williams Jr. to the crime, including electronic data from his ankle monitor, which purportedly places him at the studio in violation of his home detention conditions. Williams Jr. was released early from prison last October after serving three years of a five-year sentence for a gun charge out of Miami. In that case, he pleaded guilty to conspiring to possess a firearm in furtherance of crimes of violence and drug trafficking. He had been released to home detention and was barred from possessing a firearm at the time of the alleged January kidnapping and robbery.

Prosecutors say license plate reader data shows multiple defendants traveling together from Memphis to Dallas. Rental car records indicate that Williams’s father, Lontrell Williams Sr., rented a vehicle used by the group. Williams Sr. allegedly was part of the group at the studio and was charged in the complaint.

Authorities say surveillance footage from the crime scene, a nearby office supply store, and a hotel where several defendants stayed also helped lead to the charges and arrests. Latent fingerprints recovered from the scene matched two defendants, they claim, and the last location for the AirTag attached to the stolen wallet was a parking lot next to where Williams Sr. currently has a leased apartment.

Williams Jr. was arrested on Wednesday, according to the Bureau of Prisons website. All nine defendants are charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

“Nine defendants travelled to Dallas, Texas, to kidnap and rob victims who thought they were coming into town for a business meeting. Instead of discussing business in a civil [manner], the defendants resorted to violence and intimidation to achieve their purported business objectives,” Ryan Raybould, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas, said in a statement. “For anyone contemplating using violence and intimidation as a business practice, I’m here to tell you that it will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted in the Northern District of Texas.”

More Stories

Stephen Colbert Helps David Byrne Burn Down the House on ‘The Late Show’

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and musical guest David Byrne during Tuesday’s May 19, 2026 show. Photo: Scott Kowalchyk ©2026 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Scott Kowalchyk /CBS

Stephen Colbert Helps David Byrne Burn Down the House on ‘The Late Show’

Stephen Colbert has one night left before saying goodbye to The Late Show. Ahead of the series finale, scheduled for May 21, the host welcomed one of the show’s last musical guests for a fiery sendoff: David Byrne, performing Talking Heads classic “Burning Down the House.”

Bryne took the Late Show stage alongside his Why Is The Sky? band. The musicians jammed out in matching blue suits before being joined by Colbert in the same get-up. Flames raged on the screen behind them during the performance. It’s a fitting farewell.

Keep ReadingShow less
Kylie Minogue Reveals She Privately Beat Cancer a Second Time: ‘All Is Well’

Kylie Minogue.

John Phillips/Getty Images for Netflix

Kylie Minogue Reveals She Privately Beat Cancer a Second Time: ‘All Is Well’

In a new docuseries about Kylie Minogue, the pop star revealed that after she faced a cancer scare that the media covered heavily two decades ago, she privately faced a second diagnosis in 2021 and “got through it again.”

“Thankfully, I got through it, again, and all is well,” she said in the film, according to the BBC. “Hey, who knows what’s around the corner, but pop music nurtures me… my passion for music is greater than ever.” The three-part docuseries, Kylie, is available now on Netflix.

Keep ReadingShow less
Rihanna Shooting Suspect’s Attempted Murder Case Halted for Competency Probe

Rihanna and A$AP Rocky are seen at Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 5, 2026 in New York City.

Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

Rihanna Shooting Suspect’s Attempted Murder Case Halted for Competency Probe

The woman accused of firing 20 shots from an AR-15-style rifle at Rihanna’s Los Angeles home, prompting the singer to push A$AP Rocky to the ground for cover, had her attempted murder case suspended Tuesday.

Judge Shannon Cooley halted the case against Ivanna Ortiz, 35, after meeting privately with a public defender and finding enough evidence to question Ortiz’s mental competency, a court source confirmed to Rolling Stone. Ortiz will now be referred to the county’s mental health court for an evaluation and a determination on whether she can understand the proceedings against her.

Keep ReadingShow less
Lindsey Buckingham’s Alleged Stalker Appears in Court After Pleading Not Guilty

Lindsey Buckingham performs on April 15, 2022 in Santa Barbara, California.

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

Lindsey Buckingham’s Alleged Stalker Appears in Court After Pleading Not Guilty

The woman who allegedly hurled an unidentified substance at Fleetwood Mac guitarist Buckingham amid a purported years-long stalking campaign appeared before a judge in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday after pleading not guilty to seven criminal charges.

Michelle Dick, 55, was led into court wearing a blue-and-yellow jail uniform and a waist shackle. Her public defender said she needed more time to review the evidence and asked that the case be continued to June 23.

Keep ReadingShow less
Honoring the Music That Made Us
VICTOR JUHASZ

Honoring the Music That Made Us

During my first presidential campaign, I became a bit particular — maybe even a little superstitious — about my debate-day rituals. I had to get in a quick workout, and always ordered the same dinner. And then, in the half hour or so before the main event, I’d set aside whatever notes and talking points my staff had given me, put on some earbuds, and just listen to some music.

Initially, I listened to a handful of jazz classics — Miles Davis’ “Freddie Freeloader,” John Coltrane’s “My Favorite Things.” But over time, I discovered that rap was the thing that got my head in the right place. A couple of songs about defying the odds and putting it all on the line — Jay-Z’s “My 1st Song” and Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” — were always in the rotation, maybe because they felt suited to my early underdog status. Sitting alone in the back of the Secret Service SUV on my way to the venue, nodding to the beat, I would feel the pomp and circumstance and artifice of my immediate surroundings melt away. I’d find my mind returning to those things that were most essential to me — the friends and family that had shaped me; the values and ideals that drove me; and all the forgotten voices of people across the country that I hoped to someday represent.

Keep ReadingShow less