Skip to content
Search

Lindsey Buckingham’s Alleged Stalker Appears in Court After Pleading Not Guilty

Michelle Dick is charged with a bizarre March 25 battery of the Fleetwood Mac guitarist and other alleged crimes

Lindsey Buckingham’s Alleged Stalker Appears in Court After Pleading Not Guilty

Lindsey Buckingham performs on April 15, 2022 in Santa Barbara, California.

Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

The woman who allegedly hurled an unidentified substance at Fleetwood Mac guitarist Buckingham amid a purported years-long stalking campaign appeared before a judge in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday after pleading not guilty to seven criminal charges.

Michelle Dick, 55, was led into court wearing a blue-and-yellow jail uniform and a waist shackle. Her public defender said she needed more time to review the evidence and asked that the case be continued to June 23.


Judge Lucy Armendariz then turned to Dick and asked whether she understood she had a right to a more immediate evidentiary hearing. In a barely audible voice, Dick said she did. The judge then asked whether Dick agreed with her lawyer’s request for more time.

“Yes, but I wanted to … ” Dick said, trailing off as her lawyer leaned over to whisper in her ear. Dick then said she agreed to the delay and was led out of the courtroom, still in custody.

Courtesy of Allen County Sheriff

Dick was arrested in Indiana in April after allegedly confronting Buckingham in Santa Monica, California, on March 25, despite a restraining order barring contact. She had been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from the musician due to the alleged pattern of stalking.

She quietly entered her not guilty plea to seven charges on May 6 after authorities transported her back to the county, according to a minute order that surfaced Tuesday.

In an amended complaint filed April 7, prosecutors allege Dick repeatedly followed and harassed Buckingham between Oct. 9, 2021, and March 25, 2026. Prosecutors allege Dick battered Buckingham and made criminal threats during the alleged incident on March 25 and also committed assault with a deadly weapon days earlier on March 19, with the alleged weapon being a motor vehicle. She’s further charged with vandalizing Buckingham’s Mercedes-Benz S450 on March 19. Authorities claim she defaced the luxury car “with graffiti and other inscribed material.”

During the alleged incident on March 25, Dick purportedly tracked Buckingham to the location and threw a substance at the 76-year-old musician before fleeing. A law enforcement source told Rolling Stone it wasn’t immediately clear if the substance was caustic. Buckingham was not injured.

Dick also faces a separate felony charge of making a criminal threat against Buckingham on Dec. 20, 2024. About a month earlier, Buckingham had sought a restraining order against Dick alleging years of harassment and linking her to a “swatting” incident in November 2024. According to court filings, Dick allegedly called 911 and falsely reported that Buckingham’s son was suicidal and that gunshots had been fired at the family’s Brentwood home, prompting a large police response.

“When I answered the door, I was handcuffed and asked to step outside,” Buckingham wrote in a statement to the court obtained by Rolling Stone. “After 20 minutes of the police searching my house … I was let back into my house, shaken and fearful.”

An LAPD detective later contacted Dick using the same number and said she admitted making the call, court filings state. Buckingham alleged the harassment began in 2021 with repeated phone calls, threats, and delusional claims that he was Dick’s father. He also accused Dick of targeting his family and showing up outside his homes in Los Angeles.

A judge granted the restraining order in December 2024, requiring Dick to stay away from Buckingham, his wife, and his son for five years. She also was ordered to keep her distance from their homes and vehicles.

Buckingham claimed Dick had parked her car outside one of the homes he shares with his wife. Police followed Dick from the address and later stopped and questioned her, capturing the exchange on a body-worn camera, the filings say.

“She began rambling about me being her father and suffocating her as a child,” Buckingham wrote. He said subsequent threats on Instagram were directed at his wife. “This incident terrified my wife as she feared for her safety. Given that Ms. Dick also knows my home address, I am terrified as well,” he wrote. (A rep for Buckingham did not respond to Rolling Stone‘s request for comment.)

Buckingham joined Fleetwood Mac in 1974 along with Stevie Nicks, his partner in the folk-rock duo Buckingham Nicks. He wrote and sang many of the group’s most iconic songs, including “Go Your Own Way.” Buckingham had an acrimonious split from the band in 2018 amid a purported dispute over timing of a world tour.

More Stories

V and J-Hope Are in Shock Over Drake’s BTS Shoutout on ‘Iceman’

Jung Kook, Jin, V, Suga, RM, Jimin, and j-hope of BTS

Todd Owyoung/NBC/Getty Images

V and J-Hope Are in Shock Over Drake’s BTS Shoutout on ‘Iceman’

On Friday, Drake released his new album Iceman — and surprise-released two more records: Habibti and Maid Of Honour. The internet is currently reacting to this massive feat — and that includes BTS, who received a shoutout on the Iceman opener “Make Them Cry.”

The reaction came from BTS’ V and J-Hope, posted via V’s Instagram story (a fan posted it on YouTube below). They stand in front of the camera, listening to “Make Them Cry,” head-banging with hats on. But as Drake approaches the fourth line of the first verse — “I’m feeling like BTS ’cause it took the whole career for me to be so discovered” — they freeze, staring at each other in disbelief.

Keep ReadingShow less
Trump White House Uses Drake’s ‘Iceman’ Release to Push MAGA Agenda

Drake

Prince Williams/Wireimage

Trump White House Uses Drake’s ‘Iceman’ Release to Push MAGA Agenda

The White House took time out from the Iran war and raging inflation to celebrate the arrival of Drake’s Iceman with a controversy-seeking social media post.

On the official White House account, the Trump administration shared an image spoofing the Iceman cover, with a diamond-encrusted glove holding a similarly blinged-out chain with MAGA on it. “ICED OUT,” the White House wrote.

Keep ReadingShow less
Maluma’s Long-Awaited ‘Loco x Volver’ Is Finally Here

Maluma for ‘Loco x Volver’

Padox*

Maluma’s Long-Awaited ‘Loco x Volver’ Is Finally Here

Maluma is back — and more personal than ever on Loco x Volver. This is the Colombian star’s seventh studio album and his first LP in three years since Don Juan. According to a release, the project “promises to be the most intimate and honest of his entire career.”

For the album, the Medellín-born artist tapped back into his Colombian roots, incorporating the country’s organic sounds and genres into smooth blends of Latin pop. On one of the most poignant tracks on the LP, he teams up with the late Colombian singer Yeison Jiménez for “Con el Corazón.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Before Drake’s Ice Block Challenge: 10 Wild Album Release Stunts, From U2 to Beyoncé to Kanye West

A large ice installation is pictured at a parking lot at Bond St. and Dundas St. as part of a promotion for Drakes upcoming album "ICEMAN" in Toronto.

Lance McMillan/Toronto Star/Getty Images

Before Drake’s Ice Block Challenge: 10 Wild Album Release Stunts, From U2 to Beyoncé to Kanye West

Late last month, an enormous block of ice — roughly 25 feet high with each block weighing 300 pounds — appeared in a Toronto parking lot. “Danger Do Not Touch,” read a nearby sign. “This ice structure may break or collapse without warning, and falling ice or sharp fragments may cause serious injury or death. Do not touch or interact with the structure. Any contact with the structure is at your own risk.”

Most people would have likely obeyed the sign had Drake not shared the address and GPS coordinates with his 139 million Instagram followers along with three words: “Release date inside.” That was all it took for fans to swarm the site and start chipping away at the ice block with any tools they could find, including baseball bats, ignoring the warning that the effort might actually kill them.

Keep ReadingShow less