Skip to content
Search

Perez Hilton Is Receiving Inpatient Treatment, Family Says

The blogger’s family also announced that his professional team will begin updating his website this week

Perez Hilton Is Receiving Inpatient Treatment, Family Says

Perez Hilton attending the Not Alone Awards in Las Vegas on Nov. 11, 2025

Getty Images/David Becker

Perez Hilton is now receiving inpatient medical care after being hospitalized under Florida’s Baker Act following an overdose and an incident in which he livestreamed acts of self-harm on TikTok.

His family shared the news in a new statement on the blogger’s website. “Perez remains hospitalized and is receiving the medical care he needs,” the post read. “His treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting under the care of a dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals.”


The Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office, which responded to multiple calls regarding an individual who was livestreaming acts of self-harm on social media, initially stated that Hilton was “safely recovered” and transported to a local hospital following the Aug. 4 incident. An incident report stated that a fire rescue team “began treatment on scene for multiple lacerations and an overdose” before the blogger was hospitalized.

On Aug. 9, Hilton’s family provided an update via his official website that said that the blogger was in “serious but stable” condition after “[he] experienced significant blood loss and sustained additional injuries that will require surgery in the coming days.”

According to the police report, Hilton’s sister Barbara Lavandeira said that her brother had been “suicidal” the week prior to the livestream and that he had been taken to get treatment by the family that same week. In an interview with Page Six, she provided more details on Hilton’s state of mind. “He told us that a few days earlier he had felt empty, hopeless and like he was a burden on everyone,” Lavandeira said.

In their most recent update, the blogger’s family also announced that his website, PerezHilton.com, will begin publishing stories once again. “Perez built PerezHilton.com more than 20 years ago, and it has remained one of the most important parts of his life ever since,” the statement reads. “Whether you have followed Perez from the beginning or only recently started reading, we hope you will continue visiting, reading, and sharing the site,” the family wrote, adding, “For now, Perez’s health remains the priority as his team keeps the site active and moving forward.”

More Stories

Luigi Mangione Details for the First Time How He Planned UnitedHealthcare CEO Murder

Luigi Mangione in court last June. On Aug 14, he pleaded guilty to two federal counts. He will be sentenced in December.

Angelina Katsanis/POOL/AFP/Getty Images

Luigi Mangione Details for the First Time How He Planned UnitedHealthcare CEO Murder

On Friday, Luigi Mangione appeared at a surprise hearing in Manhattan federal court in order to change his plea from “not guilty” to “guilty” for two charges involving the death of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson. During the hearing, he read a lengthy statement about how he stalked and killed Brian Thompson, the United Healthcare CEO, on the streets of Midtown Manhattan in December 2024. He also spoke about his experiences navigating the healthcare industry, in what have been his most lengthy public statements to date.

“I’m going to ask you now to tell me in your own words what you did that makes you believe that you are guilty of these charges,” Judge Margaret Garnett told Mangione on Friday morning. She reminded Mangione to read slowly and told him he could stand, although he said he wished to remain seated.

Keep ReadingShow less
Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty in Federal Court for UnitedHealthcare CEO Case
Luigi Mangione in Manhattan Criminal Court on Aug. 11, 2026.
Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images

Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty in Federal Court for UnitedHealthcare CEO Case

Luigi Mangione pleaded guilty to charges of stalking resulting in the death of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson at a federal court hearing in New York City on Friday.

According to The New York Times, Mangione’s lawyers told Judge Margaret Garnett that their client was prepared to plead guilty to the two stalking counts against him in the federal indictment. When asked directly by the judge if he was prepared to plead guilty, Mangione said, “Yes.”

Keep ReadingShow less
What Happens If Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty in Federal Court Tomorrow?

Luigi Mangione in Manhattan Criminal Court on Aug. 11, 2026.

Steven Hirsch-Pool/Getty Images

What Happens If Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty in Federal Court Tomorrow?

Luigi Mangione is expected to plead guilty in federal court in New York City on Friday, on charges of stalking UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson, according to The New York Times. Because of double jeopardy laws, which can prevent a person from being tried for the same crime twice, this could have significant impacts on his upcoming state murder trial, which is expected to begin on Sept. 8.

A source close to the matter tells Rolling Stone that plea changes can always shift up until the last minute, so things are still in flux.

Keep ReadingShow less
Hockey Canada appeal keeps four 2018 World Junior players suspended
Photo via Hockey Canada

Hockey Canada appeal keeps four 2018 World Junior players suspended

Hockey Canada has decided to maintain disciplinary sanctions against four members of Canada’s 2018 world junior team.

An independent appeal board determined that all five players breached Hockey Canada’s code of conduct following an internal review of the events surrounding the alleged coordinated sexual assault of a 20 year-old woman in a hotel in London, Ont. in June 2018. The organization announced the decision Wednesday, but has not provided individual explanations for the length of each suspension.

Keep ReadingShow less
The Rise and Fall of the QAnon Queen of Canada

Romana Didulo, the self-declared “Queen of Canada,” speaks in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in 2022.

Patrick Doyle/REUTERS

The Rise and Fall of the QAnon Queen of Canada

When it was over in 2025, officials toured the dimly lit building in rural Saskatchewan. Tarps covered the windows and doors, blocking the sun. The air was so foul that an officer ran outside gagging.

For the previous two years, about 20 members of a group known as the Kingdom of Canada had been living inside the decommissioned school, claiming they had taken over the country. They operated under their own principles, issued their own laws, and threatened the surrounding village with “publicly broadcast executions.” They slept in classrooms and, without running water, used five-gallon buckets as toilets.

Keep ReadingShow less