Skip to content
Search

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested on Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office

The British royal was detained at his home in England on Thursday morning following an "assessment" of revelations in the Epstein files

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested on Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested in Norfolk, England, on Thursday morning on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The British royal, formerly known as Prince Andrew before being stripped of his titles by his brother King Charles, is being detained by Thames Valley Police.

The police did not name Mountbatten-Windsor in accordance with U.K. law, but confirmed they arrested a man in his 60s (the royal turned 66 today). The police also confirmed they are searching “addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”


“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement (via the BBC). “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

The news comes after photos began to circulate of police vehicles at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where Mountbatten-Windsor currently lives. The arrest is related to recent revelations in the Epstein files that suggest Mountbatten-Windsor sent trade reports Jeffrey Epstein in 2010, not to ongoing allegations of sexual misconduct.

Mountbatten-Windsor was stripped of his titles by King Charles III in October following revelations about his relationship with Epstein. Earlier this month, the British monarch forced his brother to vacate his longtime home at Royal Lodge near Windsor Castle.

The former prince has continually denied any wrongdoing; however, he was mentioned and pictured several times in the three million-plus pages of documents released by the U.S. Department of Justice recently. One of the mentions of Mountbatten-Windsor is a photograph of him with a woman who appears to be Virginia Giuffre, who alleged she was forced to have sex with him as a teenager.

Giuffre was one of Epstein’s most prominent accusers and also filed a high-profile sexual assault lawsuit against Andrew, which was settled in 2022. Giuffre died by suicide last April.

Prince William and Princess Catherine recently shared a rare public statement distancing themselves from Mountbatten-Windsor. “I can confirm that the Prince and Princess of Wales have been deeply concerned by the continued revelations,’’ the palace said in a statement on Feb. 9. “Their thoughts remain focused on the victims.”

This story is developing

More Stories

Obama Denies Knowledge of Extraterrestrial Contact But Says Aliens Are ‘Real’
Kyle Mazza/Anadolu via Getty Images

Obama Denies Knowledge of Extraterrestrial Contact But Says Aliens Are ‘Real’

Former President Barack Obama sat down with influencer Brian Tyler Cohen for a friendly conversation that centered on the political divisions roiling the country, but there was one exchange that seemed to unite disparate factions, at least temporarily, in a shared excitement: the moment Obama seemed to confirm the existence of aliens.

“Are aliens real?” Cohen asked the former president point-blank.

Keep ReadingShow less
Joe Rogan Says He Refused to Meet With Jeffrey Epstein

Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images

Joe Rogan Says He Refused to Meet With Jeffrey Epstein

Joe Rogan said on his podcast Tuesday that though his name is in the Epstein files, it meant nothing. “Jeffrey Epstein was trying to meet with me,” Rogan told Cheryl Hines, as seen in a clip via The Daily Beast. “I was like, what?” A search of the Epstein Files shows that in 2017, Epstein emailed physicist Lawrence Krauss: “I saw you did the Joe Rogan show, can you introduce me, I think hes funny.” Epstein, a sex offender who trafficked underage girls, died by suicide while in jail in 2019.

Rogan said he never would have met with him anyway. “It’s not even a possibility that I would’ve ever went,” Rogan said. “Especially after I Googled him. It’s like, ‘What the fuck are you talking about?'” Looking back on how Krauss, who’d been a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience, suggested introducing the men, Rogan exclaimed, “Bitch, are you high? What the fuck are you talking about?”

Keep ReadingShow less
Instagram Head Adam Mosseri Testifies, Says ‘Problematic Use’ Is Not ‘Clinical Addiction’

Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri arrives at the Los Angeles Superior Court before testifying on Feb. 11, 2026.

Ethan Swope/Getty Images

Instagram Head Adam Mosseri Testifies, Says ‘Problematic Use’ Is Not ‘Clinical Addiction’

Adam Mosseri, the head of Instagram, appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday as an “adverse witness” in a landmark trial over claims that Meta’s Instagram and Google’s YouTube functioned as “digital casinos,” dispensing dopamine-driven rewards to keep children scrolling despite known risks.

Minutes after taking the stand, he was confronted with remarks from a podcast interview he gave in March 2020 where he said, “There’s such a thing as being addicted to a social media platform.” Mosseri told jurors he had misspoken. “Clearly, I wasn’t careful with my words during that podcast,” he testified in the packed courtroom in downtown Los Angeles. “Sometimes I make mistakes.”

Keep ReadingShow less
Boulevard of Dreams on the Future of PR in a Post-Newsroom World
Photo by Lane Dorsey. Shot on site thanks to the Bisha Hotel.

Boulevard of Dreams on the Future of PR in a Post-Newsroom World

When Lori Harito started noticing the slow death of traditional media, she just knew she couldn't stay where she was. In the volatile world of Canadian content, where the ground shifts daily beneath the feet of creators, Harito’s transition from the newsroom to the boardroom of her own boutique PR agency, Boulevard of Dreams, feels less like a career pivot and more like a necessary evolution.

“Journalism is an unstable, unsteady career path, but it was something I truly, truly loved,” Harito reflects. That foundation, a deep-rooted respect for the trenches of storytelling, is exactly what is currently disrupting the often-sterile and overly corporate world of public relations. Along with her partner-in-strategy, Kelly McCabe, Harito is proving that in 2026, the most valuable currency isn't just reach, it’s keeping a finger on the pulse.

Keep ReadingShow less
At Landmark Trial, Expert Says Social Media Hooks Teens Hardest

Parents of children who have died due to social media harms hold a vigil for their kids on Thursday, Feb. 5, 2026 at the L.A. Superior Courthouse.

Jordan Strauss/AP Content Services for ParentsTogether Action

At Landmark Trial, Expert Says Social Media Hooks Teens Hardest

As lawyer Mark Lanier flashed a cartoon road sign reading “Science of Addiction” on a large screen inside a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday, Dr. Anna Lembke walked jurors through what she described as the four “C’s” of addiction: loss of control, cravings, compulsions, and consequences.

Called as the first witness in a closely watched trial over claims Meta and YouTube negligently designed platforms that were addictive to children, Lembke, the medical director of Stanford University’s addiction medicine program and the author of the best-selling book Dopamine Nation, said young users’ brains are “especially vulnerable” to problems associated with those four traits. The reason, she told jurors, is that adolescents’ prefrontal cortices are not yet fully integrated with deeper midbrain systems that regulate behavior.

Keep ReadingShow less